Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Petals: Mt. Evans- Goliath Nature Area

 The wild flowers were in full bloom while at Mt. Evans.  This was amazing.  It made the drive absolutely gorgeous.  Part way up the mountain is a little stop called the Mount Goliath Nature Area.  It is just fabulous stop!  It is a whole bunch of wildflower gardens.  And a bristlecone forest.  To the best of my knowledge I'd never been in one before.  They are awesome, they are like the oldest living trees or something strange like that... expect a post.






























The paintbrush are my favorites.  But how can you choose??  But there were a bunch of flowers that I hadn't seen before.  And of course the many that I'd seen for years.  This has been a wet year all around Colorado and it showed.  Naturally there were flowers farther up the mountain, but there just weren't as many in one place like at Goliath.






























Like I said the Bristlecone trees are old.  Really, really old!  Apparently the grow very very slowly.  They are like mini ents I guess.  Oh and I don't think they take care of little hobbits on the way to war.  But I digress.  They grow kinda crooked I think.  And kinda lean to one side or so.  I think they are just wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment