Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Monday, November 8, 2010

Petals: Tucson Arizona


So in the Spring of 2008, after my first Y'stone Winter, I went to the desert with the parents to try and get warm.  Unfortunately it is cold there, excepting a few days in Tucson, Roswell, and Death Valley.  Yeah.  So this next installment of my awesome petals series is going to be about Tucson!  We spent a few days in Tucson, staying with a friend of my dad, one from his IBM days.  I like Tucson a lot even if it a huge city.  I should mention that I'd been to Tucson once before.  When Tina and I did our tour of the Southwest, but we only spent the afternoon their, and it was in the fall.


























The fall, as you might imagine was quite different from the spring.  There were still flowers, but not as many as the spring.  The colors seemed muted.  It rained the day me and Tina got there.  It was a quick rain storm.  Must have lasted less than a half and hour.  It was kinda cool, nonetheless.  And when I was there in the spring, it was really, really, really hot.  I much preferred the cooler day of the fall.







Tuscon was fun, but I think that if I wanted to go back, then I would go in the fall again.  The desert flowers would be cool to see again.  But the heat is something I am not too fond of.  It would be cool to see some of the other parts of Tucson, like the national parks and back up Mt. Lemmon, which was super high and kinda scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment