Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Saturday, June 18, 2011

View from My Door: Crazy Weather

 So I am sure I've mentioned a time or two, that Estes Park in the Rocky Mountains has some hellishly weird weather...  Thought so.  Well, today was not my first experience with it, it was quite off yesterday, but today was strange none the less.  I wish I'd been thinking and had taken a picture earlier.  I was supposed to work at 7:30 (at least that is when the vans were supposed to leave).  This didn't happen.  It was very windy and snowy and cold last night up on the mountain.  Thus the roads were unopened and needed some plowing.  Now 6ish hours later, still not open, so work has been officially called off.












If I'd gotten a picture from my door earlier, it would have been lowing hanging clouds in the mountains.  None of the peaks were visible.  Nothing.  I just took these pictures from my door (it was kinda raining), and then as I was writing this post the view totally changed.  So here is a few more.



No comments:

Post a Comment