Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Petals: Holland MI


This is going to be the start of an ongoing series of posts about gasp flowers.  As I might have mentioned in the Monterrey Gardens post I love flowers.  And I love taking pictures of them even more.  I was planning on starting this with a closer to home post, but I can't seem to find those pictures.  These is going to be a weekly series for the foreseeable future.  It should be out on Monday or Tuesday of each week (but don't quote me on this).







This one is all about the flowers I saw in and around Holland Michigan on the first leg of my Niagara Falls trip!  Some background info, Holland is located in Western Michigan, along the shores of Lake Michigan.  And there is a lot of Dutch history in the area.  And tulips...which sadly were not in bloom when I was there.







This is the Nellis Dutch Village.  It was a cute little tourist spot.  They had dancing, cheese and other awesome Dutch things.  And did I mention the cheese... Oh My God the cheese was amazing, I had this garlic-basil Gouda that would rock your world.




Holland Michigan has the only authentic Dutch Windmill outside of the Netherlands.  Windmill Island has lots of tulips, not that they were blooming as we were there too late for the tulips and too early for the summer flowers.  But they had a couple of greenhouses that were cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment