Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Monday, September 27, 2010

Petals: Antelope Valley


Spring of 2008 I went on a desert trip with my parents.  One of the major highlights of the trip was the California poppies.  There is a poppy preserve in Antelope Valley California.  The spring we were there was a record year.  They had hundreds of poppies, and the year before they only had 50.















 Antelope Valley is in Southern California.  Kinda between the Mojave Desert and the Pacific Coast...which is a lot of Southern California... It is by a couple of national forests and once you get away from the big cities, it is amazing how green and spacious it is.  Some spectacular scenery to be had!








It was a mind blowing amount of color for as far as you could see.  It was gorgeous, but ridiculously windy.   And cold.  So it was definitely a test in patience for me.  Not sure what possessed me, but there was no way I was not taking pictures of the poppies.  Even if the elements were conspiring against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment