Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Monday, December 6, 2010

Wild Thing: Polar Bears at Como

Ok, taking a hiatus on the petals series.  I adore it but feel as though it might be repeating a bit.  And I need to gather more pictures.  So I am gonna start another weekly thing.  Probably similar to the petals but with adorable little critters and the places I see them.  I am not sure how exactly it is gonna work... if it will be location based or animal based.  Or a strange mix of the two.  So hear goes nothing!!!  Lets start with something that gets me in the wintery mood.  Polar bears!!!






So sadly I have never gotten to see them in the wild.  My big brother has, he went up to Churchill Manitoba on the shores of the Hudson Bay.  There is research school/something up there.  But I was at Como the other month, there was polar bears!  This made me happy.  Yeah, I know zoos aren't always fabulous, but sometimes it is as close as one can get.  These little(a relative term) buggers were wonderfully active.





I've seen many bears in my day, trust me there will be bear post coming out of my ears.  That is a side effect of life in Yellowstone.  It was awesome to see these polar bears, not as awesome as it would be to see them in person up in the frozen north.  But hey, ya take what you can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment