Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Monday, October 4, 2010

Petals: Shore Acres




This one might be hard to pin down into one post.  Shore Acres State Park in the Coos Bay Oregon area.  It is an amazing place, if you got a hankering to see hundreds of flowers at any time, I'd get my bum there if I were you.  It is like heaven!







 Shore Acres was the estate of a lumber baron, whose ships brought him seeds and bulbs from everywhere they traveled.  After his mansion was destroyed in a fire in 1921, he planned to rebuild, but a little financial crisis call the Great Depression happened, and he couldn't.  His gardens were eventually saved when the state of Oregon bought them and created a state park


  
  


 





It was raining that day, well, it was raining for most of the trip.  But that's okay cause I like the rain.  And I like what it did to some of these pictures.  I think it added depth and character to them.  (Look at me pretending I know what I am taking about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment