Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Friday, July 22, 2011

Wild Thing: Mountain Goats

So you might have noticed that I saw mountain goats when I was at Mt. Evans...  And you probably figured that I took more than enough pictures of them.  I did.  And you are lucky enough that you get to see them.  I don't know a lot about mountain goats, except that I think they are awesome little buggars and they blend into the mountain pretty darn well.  Oh and they don't like dogs.  A forest ranger told us that.  We had the dog with us and totally didn't see the goat, but he told that they don't like each other much and who knows what would happen if they got too close.
















There was just the one atop Mt. Evans.  The rest we saw on the way back down.  There were two groups that were hanging out on the side of a mountain, and then some more that were farther down in a large open field.  As there were very few pullouts we didn't stop and watch them for long.













No comments:

Post a Comment