Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Friday, November 12, 2010

Minnesota 150: Trois

I gotta start this one off with a little love fest.  Now I am not a huge baseball fan, it is kinda boring, and I am not even a huge Twins fan... I know, I know but hey, I will always kinda love them.  For one reason...Kirby Puckett.  He was my first crush.  I was madly in love with him, well, forever.  I still get choked up thinking about him sometimes.  Oh and the Twins won the world series twice! 1987! 1991!





And some more love for Paul Wellstone!  He was a rare one, one of those politicians that actually gave a damn about doing the right thing and reform, and the people who elected him.  Tragically, his life was cut short during his 2002 senate campaign, when is plane crashed. 









Walter Mondale a Minnesota senator, U.S. vice president and presidential candidate.  He was Carter's vice president and he ran unsuccessfully against Reagen in 1984.  His running mate Geraldine A. Ferraro was the first female vice presidential candidate.  He only carried Minnesota and the District of Columbia. Oh yeah, I voted for him once.









Yeah, Prince or whatever he is going by these days.  I have to say I am not really a fan, but my sister is.









 
L. David Mech-the wolf expert-he did a lot of his research on the wolf population of Minnesota and he is an adjuct professor at the U of M.









Ann Bancroft of Minnesota was the 1st woman to cross both the North and South Poles.  She crossed the North Pole in 1986 and the South Pole she led 4 other women in an expeditions in 1992 and 1993.  She also was the first woman to cross Greenland.



Well folks, this is probably the end of the MN-150... the rest of the pics aren't that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment