Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hockey Day Minnesota: Part 1

Hockey Day Minnesota happened last Saturday.  There were fun to be had across the state (apparently).  I went with my sister to a charity event in Roseville (I think).  My sister was volunteering and since we had plans that night, I went with.  The event was for Defending the Blue Line.  Defending the Blue Line is a charity that helps the kids of soldiers afford to play hockey.  You can check them out here or on twitter.






It was a skating event, some demos, silent auction, and an NHL Minnesota Alumni/Defending the Blue Line game.  It was very nicely put together, raffles and all.  I will admit to being a little bored.  I basically went alone and that was the problem.  It was something that would have been really fun with a group of friends or family.  Every one seemed to be having a great time.  I enjoyed a spot of people watching.







Oh and I won a raffle.  Seriously, I never win anything, but that day I won big.  Well, originally I won tickets to the Wild/Stars game, but since I already had one, they gave them to someone else.  Go figure, the one time I actually win something awesome.  :)  But hey, I got a shirt out of the deal, so that makes me pretty happy.







There was the whole autograph line, I am pretty awkward in that.  Honestly it was the only one I've been in, where there was more than one person at least.  I met Ann M. Martin once and Cam Barker at last year's Polar Plunge.  But yeah, I don't know how one goes about those things.  Hung out for a bit more, and then there was a joga demo.  She had the alumni goalies out there it was pretty funny.  And then the Alumni game was to begin.


















It was really windy and quite cold, so like most people I watched the game from the warmth inside.  I got some pictures of warm ups, but didn't really get any of the game.  It was fun.  The alumni won.  I can't remember the score, but it was like 7-3 or 7-4.  Then the presented the Camo Cup to the Alumni.















































My sister and I then headed to St. Paul for the Wild/Stars game to cap off Hockey Day Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment