Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hockey Day Minnesota: Part 2

Hockey Day Minnesota.  Good time, fun was had.  And my sister and I went to see Minnesota's current team play Minnesota's former team.  (Norm Green sucks).  If there was one game I wanted the wild to dominate, it is this one.  There is always emotion when the stars come to town.  I was pretty little when the North Stars went south, but even I still have some emotional attachment to them.  The North Stars, not the Dallas stars, they do have some players I enjoy watching.  Kari Lethonen, Loui Eriksson, Eric Nystrom (scoring in his return).





























The night started with a small ceremony to celebrate Matt Cullen on his 1000th NHL game.  This was the game against the sharks.  So it was pretty neat to be there at his 1000th game and the ceremony for it.  The game started well, Kari and Josh trading sick saves.  Then Eric Nystrom tipped one in front and put the stars up 1-0.  The second period had a quick wild attack somewhere in the middle of the frame.  3 goals in 59 seconds.  And there were at least two sick glove saves by Lethonen in the middle of it.  There was a fight too, but that was kinda lame.








































Lethonen didn't start the 3rd.  Some guy that is not Andrew Raycroft was playing.  I don't care who it was.  I adore Andrew Raycroft, no matter how good or bad he played, and those stupid team stealing bastards waived him and sent him to their AHL affiliate.  Whatevs, Not Andew Raycroft let a goal in like immediately.  Final score was 5-2 Wild.  Random note, this season the wild is 3-0 when Harding starts and I am at the game.


















No comments:

Post a Comment