Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Monday, February 6, 2012

Collections: Gravy Boats

So this is the post everyone has been waiting for... Right?  Oh course it is.  Well ok, probably not but only because you didn't know that I am a collector of gravy boats.  Gravy boats, you ask, why gravy boats?  Well, for starters I am a lover of gravy, all kinds, except ham and corned beef.  That and I just like them.  Oh and someday I plan on having a gravy party, ya know to celebrate gravy.  I feel like you're judging me for this.  Nevertheless, on to the boats.







I get most of my gravy boats at good will, you never know when one needs a good home.  I occasionally splurge and get a newer or more expensive one.  I also like ones that have different designs.  Ya know if the dinner is more formal you don't want to have a casual gravy boat.  Etiquette and all.





















Next, these are the smallest of my boats.  This violet one in particular.  In fact it is most likely a creamer.  But hey, I don't know about you but I don't want to live in a world where a creamer can't grow up to be a gravy boat.  The lovely one with the pink cherry blossoms is from my friend Linda and I love it.

















 Now, I know I shouldn't play favorites, but the next two most certainly are my favorites.  I like leaves.





















Sometimes, you'll notice the boat is cracked looking.  Well, this happens if some boats are put in the microwave.  Many have metal in the paint.  The one below is one of two that have saucers, but it is the only one connected it it.

















These three are the ones currently in use.  When I was a child we had at least two.  We ate a lot of gravy, and holidays needed at least two boats.  I don't know what happened to them.















No comments:

Post a Comment