Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kings @ Wild: Kings and Traitors

I've been avoiding writing this post of a month.  Playoff hockey losses sting and the minute my beloved Canucks played my almost as beloved Kings (this would have happened had they played Nashville too) the Kings became the enemy.  So I wasn't going to blog about them during the series and in the immediate aftermath I was too upset to do it.  Fact, the Kings and the Predators will always be tied for my second in the west, I can't pick between them and I probably never will be able to. But a week or so later after I've realized I am more upset at the canucks for sucking than I am at the kings for finally getting it together and being the kings we thought they'd be at the beginning of the season.  So I forgave (mostly) them (the Kings that is).  So the last night of March, I went to St. Paul to see the Kings, and this is my story.































I went with my sister, my friend Andrea and her sister.  We had club seats.  That was fun.  I wasn't going to make a sign for this warmups, I'd used up all my creativity on the Sammy sign he never got to see... (Sad face)  But I was still going to get good pictures.  I was the only one who watched the kings warm up, not really suprised because of the 4 of us, I am the only one that is a kings fan. So wearing my Anze  Kopitar shirt, I staked out a spot in the Kings end for warmups.



























It turned out to be a pretty good game, with the Wild beating the Kings in a shootout.  I loved finally getting to see Kopitar in person,  They played Jonathan Bernier, and though I adore him, I really wanted to see Quick.  This also meant seeing Willie Mitchell (and his big stick).  I still adore him, even if the subsequent playoffs revealed to me that Keith Ballard has replaced him as "president of my heart".  And of course Drew Doughty, he might be a big ole whiner but I enjoy him. None the less fun was had by all, especially the drunk asshole that called me a traitor for cheering for the Kings.  (If only he knew the truth)























No comments:

Post a Comment