Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cowboy Town: Cody Wyoming!



So yeah, back to Wyoming for this post.  Let's just say it is about the time of the year I start missing Yellowstone.  Snow Lodge is closed for the winter, and Yellowstone had her 139th birthday and trust me, she don't look a day over 100!  But I am saving Yellowstone for some later blog something or other.  So we will just have to go with one of the next best things!  Cody Wyoming!!


















If you haven't been there I would totally recommend it.  It isn't big, but it has some cool stuff.  Oh and that part of Wyoming is a pretty awesome desert.  Of and they have the Buffalo Bill Cody museum, which is gigantic.  Honestly though, Cody is a nifty little tourist town with a real history.  And there is a definite cowboy feel to the joint (which in my book is always a plus.)  Oh and a big ole dam too (if you're into that sort of thing).  But honestltly the majority of my trips to Cody were with the main purpose of shopping.  Trust me when you live in Yellowstone 80 miles isn't that far...  Oh and they have a mock gunfight comedy thing (which is kinda neat)  Oh and a Rodeo that in 7 years I never went to, not for lack of trying on my part

















 And trust me on this the drive to Cody from Yellowstone is totally worth it!














Bear!

Tetons across Lake Yellowstone

No comments:

Post a Comment