Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Friday, June 24, 2011

Lily Lake

I had such a hard time getting motivated for my day off.  I woke up early as always, but went back to sleep for at least another hour.  I had no idea what I wanted to do.  A part of me just wanted to be lazy and not leave the room, but I had to do something.  I went to breakfast and decided to go to lily lake.  It is about 7 miles south of Estes.  It is a short trail around the lake.  I took a book, my journal and the camera and that is how I spent my morning.
















It is a gorgeous lake.  I think all are around Rocky Mountian.  At least that has been my experience so far.  There is nothing but gorgeous scenery around these parts.  So I get to the lake, and there is a chipmunk looking for food, he gets nothing from me, but a chance to be on the internets.  Later I take several good shots of a friend (a ground squirrel) of his and a duck.  Not together though... Sad face!



















 Oh, there were, as always many ponderosa pines, (they smell like butterscotch to me, vanilla to others) and rocks of course.  Loved it.  Oh and some little trees/shrubs that had something that looked like cotton on them... And a bunch of people fly fishing.  I don't know if they caught anything, it didn't look like it.  I watched them for a bit.  It was a good morning, it was a great day for a stroll and I am glad I got my bum in gear and made myself do something.













No comments:

Post a Comment