Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Confession: Flames @ Wild

Yeah, so I have a confession to make... I don't think it is a big secret, I tell people all time.  So it is probably a big open secret that you all are judging me for and still likeing me in spite of.  Here goes... even though I am a Canucks fan, I don't hate the Calgary Flames.  Now, I don't like them either, I am quite indifferent towards them.  Honestly of all the northwest teams, I dislike the Oilers the most, and then probably the Avs.  Calgary has Brendan Morrison and I can't hate on him ever.  But here is the true confession, I adore Miikka Kiprusoff.  Welp, I said it, Kipper is my favorite of all the Finnish goalies in the NHL.  I can't explain it; as I told my sister, you don't pick your hockey players they pick you.  Go ahead, unfollow or judge, mock me mercilessly, or whatever I can take it. :-)















Yeah, I can't explain it.
Which brings me back to why this confession is happening.  For my birthday, which was a little over a week ago, my sister got me a ticket to see the Wild play the Flames.  I got Kipper for my birthday and I was so excited about it that I think I drove her nuts for the afternoon.  Now, I wasn't cheering for Calgary, I was cheering for Kipper, yes, this makes sense to me.  I hate seeing him get blown out.  And I would have been totally happy with a really low scoring game from both teams.  I didn't get that.






























This game was when the wild held their tribute to Derek Boogaard.  It was quite touching and such a lovely video.  I was very happy that they focused on Derek as a hockey player and a person instead of just a fighter/enforcer.  It reminded me of what the Canucks did for Rick Rypien.  Both teams chose to remember these young men as the whole person, not just a small part of who they were.



































So I took over a hundred picture and 90% of them had Miikka Kiprusoff in them.  This borders on unhealthy.  I am ok with it though, it is the first time I have ever seen him play and probably one of the few times I'll get to see him in person.  I watched about 8 minutes of the warm up.  Didn't spot Brendan Morrison so I was sad.  And then headed up to the 200 level and the scary, scary ends.  We won't talk about how terrifying those seats are.  They are.  So I was still quite far most of the action, well, the action I could take pictures of with out the netting making them look silly.  I think all things considered the pictures turned out pretty well.
























No comments:

Post a Comment