Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Friday, April 20, 2012

Coasters: Week 1

I started making coasters with my cousin this week.  I discovered how to make them a few weeks ago, and she and I decided to give it a go.  She likes crafts and I do too, they might not be our strong suit, but we have a grand old time.  We headed to hobby lobby and picked up some modge podge and clear acrylic (both glossy) and some felt for the back.  Then we were off to menards and picked up some tiles.  We got 16 of them and they were $0.13 a piece.  Not too shabby.
















Back at her place we started getting things ready.  I had a couple of maps, so I cut out places that were important to me or enjoyed being.  I cut out Niagara, Yellowstone, Bemidji and Winona/La Crescent.  I loved the Niagara trip and I lived in the other three locations.  I might do a few more maps next time.  Then we cut out pictures of Justin Morneau and Joe Mauer from the newspaper and a couple of postcards from Susie's Mackinaw Island trip.
















We then printed some flower pictures I had on my camera for the last few coasters.  Once we got pieces the right size we started.  We put a layer of mod podge on the back of the pictures and stuck it to the coasters.  For the heavier ones, the postcards, we stuck another coaster on the top to make sure it stayed.  We let them dry for a few and next week, we'll add three layers of mod podge to the top.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment