Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Swedish Via Twitter

The Swedish word for clutch is Sammy!
I'm learning Swedish.  Seriously, at 28, I am learning Swedish, not through any conventional manner, but through twitter.  It's fun for sure. I follow and interact with several Swedes on twitter.  The gentlemen I probably tweet with most often work for Allehanda a newspaper from Örnsköldsvik.  And thus one of my favorite people on twitter, Becki, and I have begun to learn Swedish.  It's more random words and phrase than anything else at this point, but it's fun.  Even the sign I made for the Panther's game was in Swedish.








Anka = duck, ankor = ducks
Kalle Anka is Donald Duck, but Daffy Duck is just Daffy, obviously not as cool as Kalle Anka.  Even Bugs Bunny (Snurre Sprätt) is cooler than Daffy.











Fjärilar = butterflies.  I believe the singular is fjäril.













Älg = moose.  The plural is älgar.












Varg = wolf, vargar = wolves.  It's funny, but you'd think after 8 seasons in Yellowstone I'd have more than this crappy wolf picture.  Nope.








Björn = bear, björnar = bears.  Unlike wolves, I have bear pictures coming out of my ears.  I saw them everywhere.











Snö = snow!  I had a lot of pictures to choose from on this one.  But I went with digging out Trail Ridge Store. :)











Vin = wine.  In these bottles is a German vitvin = white wine.
Aslo katt = cat, kattunge = kitten.










Via



Råtta = Rat also Brad Marchand of the Boston Bruins.
Råttor = rats
Brad Marchand är en liten råtta = Brad Marchand is a little rat.  One of the first phrases I learned.  And one to always remember.






Via



I hate to end a blog on such a note, so I will share one of my favorite Swedish phrases.
Markus Naslund är den mest felfria mannen av alla! = Markus Naslund is the most flawless man of all!



No comments:

Post a Comment