Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

International Gardens

As I mentioned it is an early spring in Eastern Minnesota and Western Wisconsin.  As a snow lover this saddens me, but I also love spring.  New life, flowers, rain, the list goes on and on!  Well, I finally made it to a park, just as spring was making its appearance!  I got in the big old truck, (my baby is in the shop).  I headed into La Crosse and went to Riverside Park.  I had planned to find a spot, draw some knots, take some pictures of the river and be done with it.  But alas that was not meant to be.





























Instead, I went to the Riverside International Friendship Garden.  I'd noticed it for the first time, when I was headed to the home and garden show with my cousin.  We'd driven through the park in our effort to find a better parking spot.  It was futile, but it gave me some inspiration.  I wasn't expecting much from the garden, it is still early, so I was pleasantly surprised.




































I figured if I got some buds, or some neat fountains I'd be happy.  Going in with those expectations meant I could have fun with it.  Reading about the garden is cool, apparently La Crosse has 6 sister cities.  And parts of the garden are representative of gardens in those countries.  Honestly, the Chinese dragons are what caught my eye.  And the fence with the different Chinese characters.  The first part of the garden is Chinese. 
































The gable and near by gardens are German.  French is represented in the gardens near the fountain.  There is a Russian besedka.  (Kinda like a gazebo, I think)  The stone benches and rocky gardens are Norwegian.  There is a knot garden as well.  My interest in knots means I have a great desire to see this one later in the season!  































No comments:

Post a Comment