Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Butterflies!





I like butterflies.  Of all the winged bugs-like things out they they are my favorites.  In part because they are not creepy like ladybugs or Satan's beetles as I like to call them.  But I digress and back to the point at hand.  The sheer amazingness of the butterfly.  I have been to two butterfly gardens in my life.  One was in Kuala Lampur Malaysia and the other in Niagara Falls Canada.  Both were spectacularly awesome






Well, to start with I went to Malaysia in December of 2005 and January or 2006.  I went on a school J-term while I was going to college at Bemidji State!  Whoohoo go beavers!  It was amazing.  The tropics, I mean, well so was Bemidji, but that is a whole other post.  The majority of the trip was spent in Kuala Lampur Malaysia, and on one of the days we went to a butterfly park.  I'd never been  to one before.  It was beautiful with all the exotic flowers.  Tropical rain forests are a grand place to be.  The colors were so vibrant, the butterflies were so small, the flowers so amazing, it was hard to take good pictures of them.  Constant motion.  That and my camera didn't have that great of a zoom lens.





 This spring I went to Niagara Falls, it was totally worth it.  And one of the things we did was go to a butterfly garden... hmmm common trend.  It was equally as beautiful as the first.  Maybe more, because I had an appreciation for them, a better camera, and way more patience.  One did land on my camera, so I had my cousin Ericka use my phone to take a picture of it, but I haven't gotten around to getting those off of the phone yet.  The only down side is the tropical environment, both in Malaysia and in the greenhouse in Canada, is ungodly humid.  And, I have curly hair so needless to say, I poofed.  Yep, frizz city, and no there are not pictures, and even if there were, it will be a cold day in hell before they make an appearance on here.








No comments:

Post a Comment