Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Canada Travels!


Sunset overlooking the city of Niagara Falls, Ontario
 So I have this love affair with Canada.  And I truly do not get to go there often.  You'd think living in Minnesota and having my passport would mean I'd get up there more often.  But I don't. And that is damn shame.  But hopefully that will change in the future, near or far.  Until then I will just have to keep on lovin' Canada from afar.  This love affair might be the reason I am a Canucks fan, or Markus Naslund may be the reason I'm a Canucks fan,  Or am I a Nazzy fan because of the Canucks...the chicken and the egg... but hey, it really doesn't matter, does it.  Didn't think so.




Me=adorable
 It always seems to be years apart when I go to Canada.  When I was an adorable child, with curly red hair, we went to Thunder Bay, Ontario a couple of times.  Camping.  I think there were more than one trip.  The big one was around Lake Superior...my father instilled a love of travel in us at a young age.  I remember not a lot from this trip.  Mosquito's, Sleeping Giants, and Sault Ste. Marie.



 Then when I was in high school, my parents, my brother and I went to Alaska via Canada.  It was a long trip, probably our longest camping trip ever.  6 weeks, and a relatively small amount of car trouble.  Long drive, but so worth it.  We crossed the border somewhere in Montana and headed through Alberta.  Banff and Jasper are amazing

 And then there is Niagara Falls...Jebus knows I will have a post or several on Niagara Falls.  Currently, Niagara is sitting atop the list of my favorite waterfalls, and let me tell you I have seen some amazing waterfalls in my day.  The Niagara trip was a blast, I got to travel with my mom, 2 aunties and 2 cousins.  Crazy trip with the Aunties.  But boy did we have a grand time in Canada!


Toronto from afar

And to top it all off, I just had to plan a fake vacation in my intro to microcomputer class.  I got to pick in our group and naturally I chose Vancouver.  Now I want to go on this trip, someday it will happen.  And until then I am planning a trip for sometime, with my bestie, to various parts of Canada.  Starting with Winnipeg.  So here is hoping that it wont' be too long before I get back up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment