Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Surrounded by Beauty

Home sweet Lake Lodge
Since my mom has my camera and she is on her way back from Alaska it will be a while before I can take pictures of new things and post them.  But part of what I want to do is showcase some of my older pictures.  Just so you know, I don't do a lot of editing the pictures.  Usually I just crop them, sometimes I play around a bit more.  But mostly they are as me and my camera saw them. 
 I have spent the better part of the last 6 years in Yellowstone National Park.  To be surrounded by so much beauty is indescribable.


Enjoying the isolated spring
 And the beauty of the park is so many things, from the people who live there, to the wild, free animals, and the endless array of backdrops.  Yellowstone gives you an appreciation of life that is hard to find elsewhere.  It is the beauty of simplicity.  And at the same time, it is a place of personal discovery. 
The desire to be in Yellowstone is a magnetic pull.  Even when you know you are finished, there is a part of Yellowstone that remains with you.  Maybe it is the memories, the friends, the pictures, whatever it is... It is a tie that binds people together.  


Yellowstone is a place of beauty from the tallest water falls to the tiniest flowers.  Always changing, and never quite the same.  But never that different from year to year.
It was Yellowstone where I first realized that anyone can take beautiful pictures.  When you are surrounded by beauty on all sides it is difficult to screw it up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment