Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Into The Garden...

Old Monterrey Custom House
So, I think I am on a Monterrey kick.  I am really okay with that.  I loved Monterrey and spent a wonderful week there.  It exposed me to a part of Cali that I could totally live in.  And the city was unbelievably charming.  You could tell that it had been laid out before roads had cars.
Gardens, I think I mentioned in a previous post that there were gardens everywhere.  And there were.  I think that my friend was a block away from 2, and there were plenty more less than 10 minutes away.  Sweet.  Some days I wish I could garden, but alas I have a black thumb, kinda.  I do have a lavender plant that my dearest friend Ken gave me a year and a half ago, that is still alive.  It was tense for a few months after the initial re-potting.  But so far so good.  And now I digress....


This one wasn't in a garden, but it was a tree alongside the road as I headed to Cannery Row.  Everything is right with the world when it all comes back to Steinbeck.   I thought this was the coolest flower and having never seen one like it before I took a picture.  In hopes that someone could tell me what it is.

Fuchsia

Pink Hydrangea











So the garden I think I spent the most time in was at the old Custom House, which is a visitor center/museum but it was not open when I was in town.  Drat it all.  This garden was awesome.  There were actually two parts, a front path with cacti and other desert plants and then a back courtyard.  This had hydrangeas, fuchsia, lilies, and orange trees in it.  As well as a wide variety of other flowers. 











There is something special about green spaces.  I don't know if they are calming or something else.  But I am drawn to them like nothing else, except maybe for waterfalls.  Maybe it is the vibrancy or the life around but I could get lost in a garden.










The one on the right another that I fell in love with, but had no clue what it was.  The of course there is the rose, always a favorite.  And that one seems like a good one to leave you with.


No comments:

Post a Comment