Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Across the Globe: Singapore


So my one study abroad experience took me to Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.  It was a J-term while I was in Bemidji, I did get 6 credits for being, well, a tourist.  In fairness, I did have to take a course once a week before I went, I had to write a paper, keep a journal, and take a test.  So yeah, a tourist.






We left Minnesota on 27th and landed on the 29th.  Minnesota to Singapore is a long, long flight.  We had a layover in Japan.  Sunset, and it was pretty much all we saw of the 28th.  So yeah, it was a long flight.  We had a lot of fun on the first leg; the second leg we mostly slept.  Even though we weren't supposed to.  I had a cold, I had gotten it the day before we left, my friend Amie did too.  We both felt really bad for John because his seat was between ours on the plane.


 We landed in Singapore just after midnight on the 29th.  We really only spent a day in Singapore, 2 nights.  And it was a whirlwind, constant movement tour of Singapore.  Honestly it felt like so much longer.  So we went to an aquarium on Sentosa island.  We had to ride a gondola over.  It was kinda cool, and we went up in one of those tower things that spin around.  (Yeah, I have no clue what they are called.)  




 
















 I really liked Singapore, it such an awesome city.  I would love to go back.  There was so much to see and we were there for such a short time.  Actually it is a bit blurry. We did a lot in such a short time.  And the whole jet lag thing; it was a very full day of sightseeing.  But well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment