Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Canyon is Grand

I never know what to blog about.  I am always afraid that I am boring you wonderful people who read this.  But alas, I don't think so.  So it does become hard to keep it fresh.  Don't get me wrong I haven't scratched the surface on my pics, but I don't want to be too repetitious.
It has also been hard to get new stuff.  I've been a bit under the weather lately.  It's been a slow process but I have finally succumbed to it.  So I have spent the last few days being lazy and waiting impatiently for the hockey season to start.Oh and the weather has been crap, so I am not braving the elements just yet.






Since it is getting cold, I figure we could take a trip together.  Perhaps to the tropics?  Naah, Monsoon season.  The desert?  Ok, sounds good, but where?  The Grand Canyon, sure, I like it there, a bit windy, but lovely this time of year. So join me on a trip through the southwest ~Cue the cheesy theme music~




I went to the Grand Canyon last in 2007.  It was my first October Road Trip.  Well, it was actually the last week of September that we left Y'stone.  I went on a Southwest road trip with my friend Tina.  At the time she lived in New Mexico.  So I drove her home and then headed back to Minnesota.  We went a ton of places, in Utah, and Arizona.  We were gonna see more in New Mexico, but I got sick (dehydrated, it was not fun) and spent most of one day being sick.  It was not fun, and I afterward I wanted to go home.  I still hold it against New Mexico.


My friend Alissa lived in Flagstaff at the time, so she drove up to meet us at the Grand Canyon.  So the day we went just happened to be National Parks Day, so we got in for free.  Which was lame...not that it was National Parks Day, but that I had just spent over $80 to by a parks pass and dammit I wanted to use it.  Oh and it was really, really windy that day.




Went spent all of our time on the South Rim, basically because the North Rim is lame... well actually it is like ridiculously far away by car.  And there is way more stuff on the south rim.  I think, it has been ages since I have been to the north rim... I think.





Enough of that and on with the pictures!







*Question mark found here: http://picsicio.us/keyword/graphics%20question%20mark/

No comments:

Post a Comment