Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Friday, October 22, 2010

Oh My! Fishies and Sea Lions!

I might have mentioned that I took an Oregon road trip in 2008.  We spent a lot of time on the coast.  Sadly it was the rainy season.  But honestly I think that it made for a rare kind of pretty!  But one of my favorite places in Oregon is Newport.  There is an awesome aquarium there.  I have been to it twice and I love it.  Very in the elements, and doesn't have that confined feeling that they sometimes get.  It is not a big secret, that I love marine animals.





Fishies, whales, sharks, squid, itty-bitty baby seals, leafy sea dragons.  
You name it I loves it!  Newport is fun, and they have sea lions everywhere.  I think sea lions are adorable.  From a distance at least.  Close up they probably smell and they always seem to have flies surrounding them.  For some of this stay in Newport I was battery less in my camera.  It was acting up, not sure why, but I did get some video!






I think the birds are kinda cool though, they fly underwater.  How awesome is that? It was a good time.  The first time I was there a bird shit on my hand.  This time not so much. Thankfully!

 












And I think this baby Skate is the most adorable thing ever

No comments:

Post a Comment