Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Canucks @ Wild Pictures


Ok, so I was thinking about blogging about the Canucks/Wild hockey game I was at the other night.  But as a Canucks fan first, it was a sad and pitiful event so this was a hard one.  I was going to do this right away, but I too disapointed.  I thought they were going to do this, underestimate a desperate Wild team, and get crushed.








They had a bad habit last season, of, well, sucking on the road and against oponents that were lower than they were in the standings.  And last night was no exception.  The lone bright spot was that Schneider looked good in relief of Luongo, and the Sedin Twins are still amazing.  Only the 4 Swedes on the Canuck roster got on the score sheet.



I understand that it was the 1st of a back to back with the second game against Chicago.  But the canucks could have pretended they cared about this game.  As it was the canucks scored 2 goals and the wild 6 (which is a lot for any team, but especially the wild).





My sister and I went, and realized before we got there that our seats weren't in the same section.  So she spent sometime trying to remedy that.  Me, I took pictures of my Canucks warming up.  It was their best period of hockey.  The pictures were taken from the upper level looking down on the ice.  Golly I love my camera, it zooms so nicely.





So yeah, it was a bad game, Luongo gave up way to many goals, and the coach should have pulled him.  But that's not AV's style.  And at the end of the day, the Wild cared more, were hungrier, and wanted needed the win.



Enough of that boring stuff.  On with the pictures, and no I don't believe there are any token Koivu pictures in here.  Shocking I know, but even his dimples are not going to win me over in the next few days. Besides Alex Edler will step up to fill that void nicely. (Don't mind me, I still am a girl and I notice these things, like dimples)









 My favorite set of Swedish twins ever!














Cory Schneider after Lu got the hook.







So all and all, not the best game to go to.  But I wanted to see Lu, and I got to.  Sadly it wasn't the Luongo I wanted to see.  But you can't win 'em all.  And the way the Canucks played, well, they brought this loss on themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment