Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Across the Globe: Thailand

This is the third post about my J-term in South East Asia.  Thailand!  Thailand was not my favorite place we went to.  I might have had a different opinion if we would have spent more time in places other than Bangkok.  Bangkok was ok, but it was LA on steroids or something.  It was way too big for my taste.  But we saw a lot of nifty stuff there anyways.  The coolest thing in my opinion was that at night, because of the temples and the lights, it looked like the whole city sparkled!




 
 
We took a canal ride, it was awesome!  There are some wicked catfish in the waters in Thailand.  They looked really cool to me though, and they go just crazy for food.  We went to the Grand Palace.  That was one of the most amazing places I have ever been.  It was so beautiful.  We saw the Reclining Buddha.  Buddha fascinates me.  He seems like such a cool dude! 
















We went to see a traditional dance show, it was neat.  But I figured out that I do not like curry.  Well, not a lot of it.  I've had some curries that I liked, but mostly I don't like it.  We hit up a mall, too, but Tom, our adviser was so paranoid we really couldn't go anywhere unless we were in a group larger than 5 with a boy.  We went to the mall anyways in our group of 4 without a boy, yep rebels all of us.  I understand his paranoia, but at the same time it was a bit annoying.  Oh, and traditional Thai massages are effing awesome.  We also went to a floating market outside of Bangkok, it was really cool.  That was my favorite part.








 Did I mention a snake show?  Yeah, it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment