Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jelly, Jelly, Jellyfish

Alright since water creatures make me really, really happy!  And in recent years, the good old jelly fishie has intrigued me.  They are floaty and kinda creepy.  There is something I like about them, something ethereal, something effortless.  But at the same time, there is something haunting about them.  Like ghosts of the sea, invisible, sometimes dangerous, something remarkably and wholly different.





So once again, join me in Monterrey California and to a much lesser extent Newport Oregon.  For the most part I have only seen jellies in aquariums.  I've seen some jellied goo on the beach before, never actually sure what that is, but I won't touch it ever, I mean, eww.  I did notice when I was in Monterrey that the harbor seemed chalk full of them. And on the whale watching boat, as it was leaving the marina, you could see tons of them.  They were just floating there, layer after layer as far down as you could see.  And they were the brightly colored ones too.  I tried to get pictures of that, but they didn't turn out.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment