Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sourrounded by Water

"Cannery Row in Monterey in California is a poem, a stink, a grating noise, a quality of light, a tone, a habit, a nostalgia, a dream." John Steinbeck: Cannery Row.

So I have finally gotten around to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.  Not sure I why I was putting this one off.  Probably because there are so many pictures of the joint.  So the Monterrey Bay Aquarium is at the end of Cannery Row in Monterey California.  It is housed in an old cannery.  So it has a very unique feel to it.






Some sort of ray.  These things fascinate me.



A very flat fishie that likes to hide. I think if the sand was dark, the fish would be too/



They had a really cool bird area.


          Jelly fish are cool!



My  best friend loves this picture of Squid egg cases.  I think it turned out nice.



These are dwarf seahorsies





Some other seahorse.  Super cool special exhibit on them.







Random fish


Ah, the ocean.  It was so very, very pretty!



John Steinbeck is believed to have based the character Doc on Ed Ricketts.

No comments:

Post a Comment