Hayden Sunset

Hayden Sunset
Hayden Valley Sunset in April

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Light on a Lake

I went to college in Bemidji for my bachelors.  As I've mentioned Bemidji is about 2.5 hours from everywhere that is any where.  Don't get me wrong I adore Bemidji!  How can you not?  It is a lovely area, and a quaint town.  It's got character!  But even thought it has an awesome lake, none can compare to the one that Duluth has got.  I think it was my third year in Bemidji, when my roommate, my bestie, and I went to Duluth.  It was fall semester, 'cause Jess became my roommate the previous spring.  So the three of us piled in to my old Lincoln Town Car (named the Jonas Quinn II, but called the JQII, we all had a bit of a Stargate Obsession at the time, and I was madly in love with Jonas Quinn) and headed to Duluth.






Of course they day we went it was really, really windy.  And my car door attacked my chin.  We had to find some sort of band-aid to stop the bleeding.  It was my first experience with those liquid band-aid things.  It worked, but I do have tiny scar on my chin.  We were headed to Split Rock Lighthouse! I don't know if I've mentioned it but lighthouses rock!  Really they do, and you're in luck, cause they are totally getting a post!  Split rock is the coolest lighthouse ever  It is on a very rugged cliff over looking Superior.  It is turning 100 this year!!










We spent a lot of time driving up the north shore, and of course walking along the lake.  Like I mentioned it was really windy.  We did spend sunset in a awesome park, complete with a rose garden.  Of course this will also be in a post all by it's lonesome.  And because of the  risk of sounding too much like a travel guide, I am just going to let you enjoy the pictures!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment